Summa Love is pleased to announce the addition of its newest instructor, Chris Macioch. Chris brings a wealth of knowledge and experience and will be coming aboard full-time this spring. Chris will also be running a two week waterman’s camp exclusive through Summa Love.
Chris is an all around waterman. He is an avid, seasoned, and traveled surfer with international surf trips to Costa Rica, Mexico, and Barbados. Nationally, he has surfed various locations in the United States; San Diego, LA, and up and down the East Coast. Locally, he frequently surfs in Deal, Long Branch, and Manasquan.
He currently participates in many water sports and activities including, but not limited to, kayaking, rowing, and swimming. Chris also competes locally and nationally in lifeguarding competitions.
Chris has over 20 years of professional water safety experience and training from his career as a lifeguard in Manasquan, New Jersey. Chris is seasoned and well versed in all types of emergency rescue situations.
His instruction expertise comes from years of experience in various jobs such as an instructor for junior lifeguards, running his own surfing/waterman’s camp and at his current position as a public school teacher. Chris has been teaching children how to surf for years and has taught his own children starting them at 3 years of age.
His studies in higher education include public school, teacher training, and a Bachelors of Science in Environmental Studies. Environmental Studies increased his knowledge and passion for the ocean and nature. Chris is currently pursuing a Masters degree in Educational Leadership.
· Crew Chief/Lifeguard (Manasquan Beach)
· Captain Lifeguard Tournament Team (Manasquan Beach)
· Director/Instructor Junior Lifeguard Program (Manasquan Beach)
· Director/Instructor Summer Camp Beach Program (Seashore Day Camp)
· Principal/Instructor Private Surf/Waterman’s Camp (ShoreFusion)
· Computer Teacher (Rumson School District)
· Open Water Lifeguard (United States Lifesaving Association)
· Lifeguard (American Red Cross)
· Scuba Instructor (National Association of Underwater Instructors (NAUI))
· Dive Master (NAUI)
· Rescue Diver (NAUI)
· Boat License (New Jersey Motor Vehicle Commission)
· Boating Safety Certificate (State New Jersey Division of State Police Marine Law Enforcement Bureau)
· CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer/Healthcare (American Red Cross)
· Epinephrine Auto Injector Training (American Red Cross)
· Standard First Aid (American Red Cross)
· Asthma Inhaler Training (American Red Cross)
· Elementary School Teacher (New Jersey Department of Education)